Forum Historia
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

HABET PRAETERITI DOLORIS SECURA RECORDATIO DELECTATIONEM

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-55%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – STMT0-74101 – 38 pièces – ...
21.99 € 49.04 €
Voir le deal

SAVE & RESTORE ANCIENT DIOLKOS PETITION

AuteurMessage
sofia

SAVE & RESTORE ANCIENT DIOLKOS PETITION Empty
MessageSujet: SAVE & RESTORE ANCIENT DIOLKOS PETITION   SAVE & RESTORE ANCIENT DIOLKOS PETITION EmptySam 22 Sep à 6:55

An ancient monument in Greece is seriously endangered and needs our help. The Diolkos, the famous paved road constructed around 600 BC and used to transport ships by land over the Isthmus of Corinth, is unique in its kind but it has never been protected since the time of excavation (~1960).

In an effort to save and restore the structure, we have created an international petition at

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/870477005

We invite you to sign and help preserve this historical monument.

Sofia Loverdou - Freelance science journalist
Yiannis Balafoutas - Retired teacher, writer

For more information and images, please go to

www.greece.org:8080/opencms/opencms/HEC_Projects/DIOLKOS/ (for english, with gallery images)
www.greekarchitects.gr/index.php?maincat=8&newid=890 (in greek, 2 pages with comments)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
sofia

SAVE & RESTORE ANCIENT DIOLKOS PETITION Empty
MessageSujet: Why speak up for Diolkos...   SAVE & RESTORE ANCIENT DIOLKOS PETITION EmptyMar 2 Oct à 22:43

Some friends are asking me various questions about the Ancient Diolkos petition. I guess a lot of you reading about Diolkos are wondering about the same things, so I give some explanations here.

MONEY.
Signing the petition does not mean asking the Greek State to give money that it presumably cannot afford for restoring the monument. The protection of the monument should have been presented for funding (with European Union contribution or other similar projects) LONG AGO. Unfortunately, by not having even the most elementary information about the monument, the services in charge were KEEPING THEMSELVES UNPREPARED even to ASK for funding…
WHO ARE WE TO SPEAK.
The monument is not a property OWNED by people that are free to destroy it. Unfortunately, this is what has happened up to now. This petition says that we want this to stop. The Diolkos is a common heritage of mankind (as many other monuments and sites all over the world).

IS THE PETITION JUST A PLEA?
No, it is more dynamic that that. The Prime Minister’s Office is being often notified about the progress and knows that many people from many countries know of the problem. Consequently, the Diolkos cannot be left to decay in silence (as was the situation up to now).

INFORMATION GIVEN
The information given at the petition site cannot cover 45 years of neglect and destruction. It would be too long (and maybe also very shocking). If anybody feels like having more information, I will be glad to provide both information AND documentation, so please send me an e-mail at sofia-l@tellas.gr.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

SAVE & RESTORE ANCIENT DIOLKOS PETITION
Page 1 sur 1